Restylane, Peralane and Juvederm leading Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Leading Uses for Restylane, Peralane and Juvederm
The use of injectable fillers for facial rejuvenation is a fast growing area of cosmetic surgery. Unlike decades ago men are electing this type of cosmetic treatment almost as frequently as women. The most popular hyaluronic acid based fillers are Restylane, Peralane and Juvederm, Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a naturally occurring complex sugar familiar to the body. This makes it safer but is also the reason why touches up treatments are needed by patients.
The popularity of these fillers has virtually pushed collagen from the market in facial rejuvenation treatments and greatly reduced the use of botex in many areas of the face. Since the body also makes its own hyaluronic acid the need for skin tests like in previous treatments has been eliminated.
HA fillers of Restylane Juvederm Perlane are all FDA-approved for use in reducing the depth of the nasolabial folds, the lines from the lower sides of your nose that often extedn to the corners of a person’s mouth. Cosmetic doctors also use HA fillers for a other cosmetic rejuvenation purposes:
- Lip augmentation enlargement of both the upper and lower lips
- Cheek augmentation (at the level of the cheek bones)
- Reducing the aging ‘marionette lines’ around the corners of the mouth and at the sides of the chin
- Filling the hollow between the jowl and the chin
- Filling additional deep cheek lines that often run parallel to the nasolabial folds
- Filling vertical lip wrinkles as an alternative to Botox or Dysport
- Filling the tear troughs (concave area between the inner aspect of the lower eyelid and the cheek
- Augmentation of hollows below the cheek bones
- Filling concavities of the nasal bridge