Injectables such as Botox, Radiesse and JUVÉDERM® are the rage among people who appearance is important for their work and self image. Among these JUVÉDERM® has come to the forefront and the treatment of choice. Here is what you should know about JUVÉDERM® in consideration of electing it as your image enhancer treatment.
A non surgical treatment, JUVÉDERM requires minimal recovery and time away from your regular activities. The results are readily apparent following the treatment. An appointment can easily be inserted into your daily schedule get the treatment and continue on in your routine. Here’s what to expect when you visit your healthcare professional’s office for treatment.
Your physician will often request that you avoid aspirin and non steroidal medication a minimum of seven days prior to you appointment. This reduces bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- On your initial visit a medical history inclusive of medicinal allergies will be taken
- Your physician or health care professional will inform you about JUVÉDERM treatments
- Your doctor will examine the soft tissue of your face to assess the depth of wrinkles and folds to determine the best course of treatment to reduce the appearance of your wrinkles.
- Before pre-treatment photographs so you can see the difference after receiving the treatment!
You should avoid the following for at least 24 hours after treatment:
- – Strenuous exercise
- – Consumption of alcoholic beverages
- – Extended exposure to sun or heat
- You may experience some minor symptoms at the injection sites:
- pain, tenderness
- temporary redness, swelling
- bruising, firmness and bumps
Any symptoms that last more than just two to three days should be immediately reported to your health care professional. JUVÉDERM continues to build its’ reputation as a preferred injectable dermal filler.